So big news today ... after more than a month we have completed the essential migration of the old C++ game server to C# .NET.
Big shout out to User:rana for running basically every function on the new server to test it out for you guys!
- Upgraded network layer (due to minimum version on the managed code library)
- This is the reason that we couldn't keep the old Client.exe working without an update, sorry
- But as a bonus, we have been getting reports of lower latency times
- Moved fixed-width binary files to Microsoft SQL server databases
- Global census and VLM reports (coming soon) can now be retrieved in SECONDS rather than HOURS
- Relational database enforces constraints on the data like not having more PODS than a ship can hold, etc.
- Effectively unlimited storage of inventory, bays, etc. on persons, in vehicles, at colonies, etc...
- I.E. We will now be able to implement ships with more than 6 bays!
- Web integrations become super easy since most of my recent web experience has been in ASP.NET
- New VLM, updated newspaper, updated Deois/CPOC/TAC/Market watch pages
- Online banking (coming soon)
- Tons of bug fixes since this newer language limits bad coding decisions and eliminates unsafe memory access
This we know aren't working yet:
If you see anything else please let me know!
|Posted by reskin (administrator) on 14 April 2017 at 19:55.|
Edited by reskin (administrator) on 25 November 2019 at 21:33.