From Rise: The Vieneo Province
Revision as of 15:43, 14 September 2023 by reskin
The Vieneo moon is in the process of being colonized! You can directly help with this effort as a freelance pilot. Vieneo has the natural resources to be a self-sustaining province. In order to trade with the rest of the United Stellar Republic (USR), Vieneo needs to produce goods. The USR is waiving all claim fees and taxation until the province is turning a profit
The buildings on the surface are unpressurized (to reduce construction costs) but strictly control the gas concentrations inside. Keep in mind when selecting a plot that you may require an EVA suit if you don't want to wait for the pressure in your vehicle to adjust!
Starting a Colony
- Find a suitable plot using assay and record the APN
- Purchase a Construction PODS
- Gather the appropriate CR necessary for the plot purchase
- Purchase the plot through the Player Portal
- Outfit your Construction PODS with the desired construction project
- This entails visiting Techroform and having them install the seed building parts in the PODS
- You must visit your farmstead every four (4) months and your town hall or Mining Command every (1) month to keep the plot from going into government price control (optional)
- The up-link is prone to failure and will need to be replaced occasionally (optional) but allows two-way communication with the Player Portal
You may rezone a plot by shuttering the colony, demolishing existing structures, and then deploying a new project.
The total population for a colony is based on the number of available beds and the total population for the territory that the colony is a part of. You can "shutter" a colony (through the Player Portal) which will force the colonists to relocate to other available colonies within the territory.
The able-bodied working colonist "laborers" account for roughly 66% of the overall population. In all cases in this section we are referring to this pool. The township further reduces this pool by 25% for infrastructure. There is a minimum number of laborers required for day-to-day operations and management. Without this compliment there will be no production. To a certain degree, having more than the minimum will boost production. You can "mothball" a given colony (using the Player Portal) in order to reallocate the labor to other colonies within the same territory.
Laborers used to construct new structures are taken from the laborer pool and can affect whether or not the minimum colonist threshold above is maintained.
Production and Transfer of Goods
Any laborers in the laborer pool not comprising of the minimum colonist pool or construction worker pool can be used for production or transfer of goods. Allocation of 100% of available laborers to transfer of goods means no one is producing but the minimum compliment is still maintained for day-to-day operations.