From Rise: The Vieneo Province
Revision as of 19:32, 22 April 2020 by reskin
These are the workers, lemmings, employees, non-playing characters (NPC) of the Rise universe. They are required at colonies and are available at cities like Deois. They work for free but require housing, commodities, and certain working conditions that affect their morale and ultimately their productivity.
The staffing requirements of a colony are indicated so that the colony runs around the clock. The colonists are allowed to have families (create new colonists) and also have a mortality. The gestation period through adolescence is not reported on the colony count - all available colonists can be considered contributing to the productivity of the colony.
scotmurie was once quoted when describing a colonists life a flagon of beer of an evening then, home to the wife and the family.
- Only binary gender is currently supported
- Only monogamous, heterosexual relationships are currently supported
- Marriage requires both parties to be at least 18 years of age
- Women that are in the last trimester of pregnancy (and for the first three months following delivery) are not required to work and are not counted in unemployment statistics
- Retirement age is mandatory once you reach 65 years of age
- Children under the age of 18 are not eligible for employment
- Individuals that are incarcerated or in custody do not count towards the unemployment statistics