From Rise: The Vieneo Province
Alliance is an official, registered entity that is inclusive of corporations, nations, and labor unions. Benefits vary depending on the alliance but all alliances share the following capabilities...
- There is always one head of the alliance. This starts as the player who created the alliance. If that player "gives up their chair" the control of the alliance goes to the most senior member of the alliance based on the date they joined said alliance. If there are no other players in the alliance, the alliance is dissolved.
- Alignment with other players is now dictated on the associations established by head of the alliance. This is with the exception that the alliance head can not override the "partner" relationship (i.e. If the alliance head chooses a alliance member to be a partner, that does not mean that you will treat that player as a partner or vice versa).
- Assessments (referred to as dues or taxes depending on the type of organization) ensure that the alliance has funding. These assessments are deducted automatically from every income transaction (when you sell goods or services to another player) at a rate established by the head of the alliance.
- Redistribution of the alliance funds collected may also be established by the head of the alliance (as in profit-sharing groups) and is calculated on a daily basis. The respective percentages for these are listed in the Player Portal are adjustable at any time by the alliance head.
- To ensure loyalty members that join an alliance are forced to remain members for a minimum of one week.
Alliances can use funding to help give new players a jump-start for pledging their allegiance. These funds can also be used to organize offensive and defensive goals of the alliance. Alliances can offer protection from powerful players.
Alliances can be run as democracies or dictatorships, capitalist or communist societies... it all depends on the leader and the style of taxation and redistribution. They can be economic or militarily driven so ask questions and help keep your leaders accountable.
No matter what type of alliance, the player camaraderie is an underlying purpose.
The cost is 10,000 CR and will be deducted from your bank account. You can initiate this process on the Player Portal.
You may join an alliance if you are not already a member of an alliance and the alliance head does not have you flagged as an "enemy". Alliances are otherwise currently all "open" and require no invitation, password, or authorization.
You may leave an alliance after a 7 day cooling down period. However, the head of the alliance can remove you from their alliance at any time either directly through the Player Portal or by changing you to an "enemy" alignment.
All transactions are taxed with the following exceptions:
Cash Transactions Exemptions
- Gambling winnings
- Cash withdrawals
Bank Transactions Exemptions
- Incoming wire transfer
- Cash deposit
- Interest earned
- Alliance distributions
- Loans from bank
- Vehicle or property auctions
- ATM fees
Members of an alliance that terminate their account will gift any remaining bank funds (after all debts are settled with the bank) to the alliance head (for redistribution, if applicable).